Survivor with Books
I just copied over the tables and a couple of my comments from the original archived conversation, which is here.
As promised a while ago, here's a quick run through of how many full books it would take to get Survivor 3, which requires 1,337,500 XP, with a little of my commentary.
- In conclusion, I would place my top bet on Young Heroes of Tyria or Hero's Handbook.
- YHoT is relatively short and very simple, even in HM, since these are starter missions. You can also choose to get 4,500 SS or LB rep or a cool 90k Kurz/Lux title points at the cost of 1⁄3 of the XP, increasing the number of books needed from 19.8 to 29.7. If you do 30 books and take them to Cantha, you will get an impressive 2,700,000 faction title points - more than rank 8 if you start from scratch, or over ¼ of the entire title track! - Note these are not actual faction you can spend, but go straight to your title track.
- Hero's Handbook is easy and fast if you can run Destruction's Depths reliably, and provides nice rep rewards for EotN titles, if you don't have them yet.
- Note that the decimal points in the number of books required do not scale with the number of completed pages because of the "buffer" missions. They're only there instead of just a straight rounded up integer to show how close you are and if you'll need most of another book or can go kill a couple of worms in Ice Cliffs to finish up the title.
- Rose Of Kali 21:18, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
|Great Northern Wall||3,500||12 min||low|
|Fort Ranik||4,600||17 min||low|
|Ruins of Surmia||8,700||28 min||med||popups, patrols and Rurik can cause overaggro|
|Nolani Academy||5,000||19 min||med||patrols and Rurik can cause overaggro|
|Borlis Pass||4,700||19 min||low|
|The Frost Gate||5,300||19 min||low|
|Gates of Kryta||3,800||17 min||med||lack of corpses for meatshields, spike dmg, Hablion overaggroes and fails the mission -> best not to trigger him|
|Minister Cho's Estate||4,200||11 min||low|
|Zen Daijun||3,200||12 min||high||multiple eles with Mind Burn targetting backline -> my only deaths -> keep Prot Spirit up at all times|
|Chahbek Village||1,100||4 min||low|
|Jokanur Diggings||2,800||11 min||med||fire traps + mobs that will happily finish you off after walking through one|
|Blacktide Den||2,400||12 min||med||Grenth's Balance + Skale stampede|
|Total||~49k||181 min||med||should be 0 deaths with experience and caution -> learn the spawns|
- If you can survive filling 12 YHoT books without any deaths, you can do the title in only 144 missions and about 36 hours of playtime (15 books, 180 missions and 45 hours if you want the 1.35M Kurz/Lux title points instead).
- Rose Of Kali 20:09, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
Oh, the irony... Exactly 5 years ago I got my first GW mask, and I missed this one. Because I forgot. BAH! >_< Oh well, the first one was the best, anyway. Rose Of Kali 18:02, 5 July 2011 (UTC)
- I think you can still get one real quick, just gotta buy a stack of v-tokens and see the guy in shing jea. Ariyen 20:31, 5 July 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I just did that. Remembered about them while I was driving to WalMart... ^_^ Durr... Rose Of Kali 03:31, 6 July 2011 (UTC)
Are you able to watch that gw video, now that you're in the usa? 18.104.22.168 22:13, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- "That" GW video? I know, late reply is late, I don't check this much anymore.
- Ohh... wait, ha, hello Ariyenonymous. :P I'm gonna call you that now. I remember there was some video somewhere on someone's user page that I couldn't watch due to Sony's dumb ass, but don't remember where or what it was. ^_^ Rose Of Kali 03:00, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
Sorry, I meant that video. 72.114 is me. Sorry. Ariyen 16:29, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- Of course, I should have known... The chocobo theme in the end was kind of disturbing, though... Rose Of Kali 18:58, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
Hello! I want to thank you for everything you have done for the Guild Wiki. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Tesla, a wiki manager for Curse. The reason I am posting on your talk page is for some feedback. I was hoping you could tell me if there was something you would like to see on the wiki or if you think there is something we could do to help improve the quality of our service to the community. If you have any ideas at all, please feel free to stop by on my talk page and leave me your thoughts. Thank you! Tesla 03:20, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
How does one do that? :-S I've got the miniature Dragon, but I don't know how to do the Icon. Ariyen 20:45, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
- You have to know how to extract the texture, which is complicated. I just stole the icon and added a shadow to it just as you were typing this. :P Rose Of Kali 20:49, 3 February 2012 (UTC)