GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Vanguard Rescue: Footman Tate
- Rescue Footman Tate, who is trapped behind enemy lines in the Northlands.
- See Lieutenant Langmar for your reward.
- "I knew that greenhorn couldn't handle a foray into the Northlands! Footman Tate insisted he was ready to kill some Charr, so we allowed him to go along, but at the first sign of combat he vanished into the woods. We found a bit of blood where we last saw him, so chances are he is wounded as well as cowardly. That does not bode well for anyone stuck behind enemy lines, especially when the Charr are involved!
- If you feel you can fare better than he did, please head to the Northlands, find that poor fool, and bring him back to this side of the Great Wall. You will need someone else to go with you, though. We don't let anyone travel alone north of the Wall."
- Accept: "Leave no man behind! I'll find him."
- Reject: "He deserves a coward's death!"
Intermediate Dialogue 1
- Footman Tate: "Over here! Please take me back to the other side of the Wall where I will be safe!"
Intermediate Dialogue 2
- Footman Tate: "By the gods, we made it! The beasts won't be able to get us on the other side of the Wall!"
- "I am glad you found him. Hopefully, your bravery will serve as an example for him, and we won't have to go sending people after him ever again."
- The enemies in this quest are excellent to solo farm for experience since each group only has 2 Charr. Simply follow the pink dots on the map above and kill all 15 Charr groups then map out. The quest will not complete and you are free to go do it again without abandoning it.
- Footman Tate appears again after the Searing, during Frontier Gate Fugitives.