GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Description[edit | edit source]
He appears near Ashford Village in the quest Trouble in the Woods, and the Charr in the Catacombs and finally to defeat as the objective for the Ascalon Academy mission. On slaying Doomtooth, the player will witness the Searing and be transported to the nearly destroyed Ascalon City.
Location[edit | edit source]
Skills used[edit | edit source]
- Barrage (elite) (cannot be captured, as Signet of Capture is not available in Pre-Searing)
- Favorable Winds
- Ignite Arrows
Items dropped[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- During the quest Trouble in the Woods, if Trina Yunn or some Grawl are coming along the path at the same time as he is fleeing, there is a chance he may get caught and be unable to run anywhere. If this happens, he is able to be killed, and does not fight back or use any skills besides Favorable Winds. Note: killing him in this way obviously does not cause the Searing to happen at that point, and he is able to be killed again in the Ascalon Academy mission.
- He can also be killed if you do not approach close enough to him to trigger his run. Simply run around the Devourer Caves, and towards him. He will attempt to run, but towards you this time. Stand in front of him and he will stop moving, and remain motionless, taking all of your hits.
- Another way to kill Vatlaaw is to work in a team of 2. Have one person stand near his spawn, and the other activate the quest by talking to Devona. When the quest is activated, the Charr can be killed by the first person, who was already waiting to ambush him.
- The boss uses Ignite Arrows and Barrage, the latter of which cancels out the first (Barrage cannot be used in conjunction with a preparation).
- He is one of the few creatures in pre-Searing to use an elite skill.
Warning: The following text contains spoilers relating to the plot of Guild Wars Eye of the North.