GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Voices in the Night
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Nightfall Character
- "[Difficulty: Master] Greetings, honorable Sunspear. We are in dire need of your help this day. That most vile of creatures... a mime... has taken up residence near our village and begun to work his evil magics upon the people. He comes during the night and steals the voices of villagers. Those who stand before you have been unable to speak for days! Will you find this evil mime, discover a way to restore the voices of our villagers, and bring him to justice for what he has done?"
- Accept: "I will find that mime and silence him!"
- Reject: "But what if he traps me in an invisible box? What will I do? What will I do?"
Intermediate Dialogue 1
- Trapped Voice: "Break me out of this prison!"
- Trapped Voice: "Help, I'm trapped!"
- Trapped Voice: "Set me free!"
Intermediate Dialogue 2
- Trapped Voice: "Ah, sweet freedom. I feel like singing!"
- Trapped Voice: "Thank you! Winds carry me back to my body."
- Trapped Voice: "My voice is free once more!"
- "The voices of the villagers have returned. You have put an end to the tyranny and oppression of the evil mime! You have the vocal gratitude of our entire village, friend! And here is a little something extra to say thank you for all you have done for us."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The evil mime is level 24... so take care. A melee-heavy team is useful, due to the mime's heavy energy denial and use of Backfire. On the other hand, since the mime is powerless without his spells, carrying your own copy of Backfire is also effective. Paragons and Warrior shouts are not very useful here, because of the mime's Curse of Silence (this is limited to the area surrounding the location of the Evil Mime, to get rid of it, you just need to walk far enough away for it to disappear).
Once the evil Mime has been dispatched, "talk" to the jars (click on the names of the jars, not the jars themselves); you do not need to wait for the Curse of Silence to lapse, but the dialogue as they are each set free will only display for a very short time (not that it's required for the quest, only important if you want to read their comments). Return to Belin to claim the reward.