Full: After 3 seconds, target foe and all adjacent foes take 20...84...100 damage. If that foe successfully uses a skill, Wastrel's Worry ends prematurely and does no damage.
Concise: (3 seconds.) End effect: causes 20...84...100 damage to target and adjacent foes. No effect and ends early if target foe uses a skill.
- A foe hasn't officially "used" a skill if the skill didn't complete activating.
- When Wastrel's Worry is applied, a 3 second timer is activated. The damage is applied after that timer has expired, no matter how many times it is reapplied. At this point the hex ends, so any reapplying during the 3 seconds is a waste of 5 energy.
- If ended or removed prematurely, no damage is dealt.
- If the target foe uses a hex removal skill on themselves, Wastrel's Worry ends prematurely. The next hex after Wastrel's Worry is removed instead (if there is one).
- A good "pressure" skill in many situations. When opponents see this hex on them, they will often panic to use a skill before it ends, opening a window of opportunity for interruption, Dazing, Spiteful Spirit, and such.
- Wastrel's Worry has a very high DPS vs targets that have a means of reducing hex duration, such as natural resistance, a Lieutenant's Insignia or Peace and Harmony.
- Spamming this hex on a minion master's army can not only cut down the army itself in seconds, but also the minion master and his allies if they can't out-heal the damage it causes.