GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Full: Create a level 1...8...10 spirit. For creatures within its range, all elemental damage is cold damage instead. This spirit dies after 30...126...150 seconds.
Concise: Creates a level 1...8...10 spirit (30...126...150 second lifespan). Converts elemental damage to cold damage for creatures in range. Does not affect spirits.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Winter, in conjunction with Greater Conflagration, will also convert physical damage into cold damage.
- Winter greatly improves the effectiveness of skills that rely on cold damage, such as Mantra of Frost and Spinal Shivers / Shivers of Dread.
- Winter changes the damage type when the damage is received, not when damage is dealt. This means that skills like Ebon Dust Aura and Conjure Flame still function.
- Because skills like Mark of Rodgort and Mantra of Earth only activate when the foe takes a specific type of elemental damage and Winter changes the damage type before the foe takes damage, these skills will never trigger.
- Winter is useful when fighting against Destroyers, as they have +20 armor versus fire damage but -20 armor versus cold damage. This allows even skills dealing fire magic to be viable against them.