GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This is a chest that can be found in Isle of the Nameless, at the top of the stairs in the south-west corner, within the guild hall. It can only be opened with a Zaishen Key, which can be obtained from the Hall of Heroes Chest, bought from Tolkano for 5,000 Balthazar Faction or 5 Tournament Reward Points, or bought from Jessie Llam in the Great Temple of Balthazar in exchange for 1 Gold Zaishen Coin and 100. The only other way to obtain a Zaishen Key is to buy one from a player.
Location[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
- Random rare (gold) weapon
- Elite Tome
- Non-Elite Tome
- Crème Brûlée
- Flask of Firewater
- Disguise tonics and unique (green) everlasting tonics:
- (Everlasting) Frosty Tonic
- (Everlasting) Beetle Juice Tonic
- (Everlasting) Transmogrifier Tonic
- (Everlasting) Yuletide Tonic
- (Everlasting) Cerebral Tonic (January)
- (Everlasting) Searing Tonic (February)
- (Everlasting) Abyssal Tonic (March)
- (Everlasting) Unseen Tonic (April)
- (Everlasting) Phantasmal Tonic (May)
- (Everlasting) Automatonic (June)
- (Everlasting) Boreal Tonic (July)
- (Everlasting) Trapdoor Tonic (August)
- (Everlasting) Macabre Tonic (September)
- (Everlasting) Skeletonic (October)
- (Everlasting) Gelatinous Tonic (November)
- (Everlasting) Abominable Tonic (December)
Research into the drop rate of the Zaishen Chest is ongoing and can be found here.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Opening the Zaishen Chest does NOT count toward the Treasure Hunter title track, nor can it be opened with Lockpicks.
- Opening the Zaishen Chest will contribute towards the Zaishen title track.
- Just like the Hall of Heroes chest, the Zaishen Chest may drop almost any weapon found in Guild Wars as an inscribable version, including those which, under normal circumstances, are only available as uninscribable versions due to them being found only in the Prophecies or Factions campaigns.
- While this includes many very valuable weapons, the chance of getting any such weapons from the chest is very low - the most common drops being Crème Brûlée and Flasks of Firewater. By gambling keys on the chest, you are much more likely to end up with items of less value than the keys you used.
- The Zaishen Chest does not drop any Destroyer weapons, Tormented weapons, or Oppressor's weapons.
- The chest can drop weapons that have no inscription slot.
- Scammers may try to trick less informed gamers by saying Tournament Tokens can be traded for Zaishen Keys. Do not fall for this scam!
- In the first scheduled update of every month starting in may 2008, a new Tonic was added to the Zaishen Chest, replacing the tonic from the month before. The monthly tonics will repeat each year, according to the official calendar.
- The Zaishen Chest can be opened multiple times in a single instance of the "Isle of the Nameless" if the player has multiple keys.