GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Annihilator 2: Searing Day
- 1 Overview
- 2 Dialogues
- 3 Quotes
- 4 Walkthrough
- 5 Trivia
Overview[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Travel back to the year 1070 AE.
- Search for familiar faces.
- Find Gwen.
- Defend Gwen from the G-1000.
- Escape to Ashford Abbey.
- Enter the dungeon below Ashford.
- Lure the G-1000 to the lava pit and throw it inside.
- Step into the lava pit to erase all evidence of golems from this timeline.
- See Corporal Bane for your reward.
Obtained from[edit | edit source]
Requirements[edit | edit source]
Reward[edit | edit source]
Dialogues[edit | edit source]
Acceptance Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Corporal Bane: This is bad... I've just received a *CLASSIFIED INFORMATION* from the future. It looks like the Charr have sent a second golem to the past to kill Sarah's daughter, Gwen, when seh's still a child! Unfortunately, we can't go back again until our *CLASSIFIED INFORMATION* stabilizes from the last jump, so we're going to have to go with Plan B. Headquarters has been building its own golem to send back, but its *CLASSIFIED INFORMATION* hasn't been installed yet. I think I can set up the Moahawk controls to interface with it so you can control the golem from this time period with your mind. It should only take a few minutes to modify the controls; when you're ready, let me know, and I'll send your consciousness back to the past to save Gwen!
- Accept: The future's not set! I'll save her!
- Reject: No thanks, I liked the original better.
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Corporal Bane)[edit | edit source]
When you're ready, I can link you up with the golem. I just hope you can do this without your weapons.
- Accept: Weapons? Where we're going, we don't need weapons. We have a golem, after all.
- Reject: Back to the past? Nah, I've already been there.
Intermediate Dialogue 2[edit | edit source]
- Corporal Bane: (Alright, it looks like the time leap and golem interface were successful. Can you move?
- <player's character>: Yes...I think so. This is a little disorienting.)
- Corporal Bane: (Unfortunately, even though you can issue commands to the golem, you can't speak through it. But it does have a few preset phrases that you can make it say.)
- Corporal Bane: (Just focus on moving and familiarizing yourself with the golem's skills. We need to find Gwen as soon as possible. I navigated the golem around the wall for you, but you'll have to handle the rest.)
- Prince Rurik: Well that takes care of Vatlaaw Doomtooth. That'll teach him to mess with Ascalon.
- Ascalonian Scout: Sir, I'm here to report sightings of what looks like a giant Charr caularon just norht of the wall. It seems they're preparing some kind of a ritual.
- Prince Rurik: That sounds grave indeedl we't better go and check... Great Dwayna! What in blazes is that monstrosity?
- Annihilator 2.0: *I AM GO-LEM FROM THE FU-TURE SENT TO COR-RECT THE PAST. TAAKE ME TO GWEN. SHE IS IN DAN-GER*
- Familiar-Looking Hero: Gwen? You mean Sarah's daughter? I've met her a few times.
- Prince Rurik: A young child in danger> There's no time to lose! Let's get searching immediately. My father, the king, told me to always listen to strange travelers from the future, after all.
- Familiar-Looking Hero: Prince Rurik, I want to save Gwen too, but are you sure we shouldn't have sent someone to investigate the Charr cauldron?
- Prince Rurik: Not to worry soldier. If it were anything important, the golem would have tols us that first, right? The Charr investigation can wait a little longer, I'm sure.
Intermediate Dialogue 3[edit | edit source]
- Annihilator 2.0: *TAR-GET AC-QUIR-ED. DAN-GER DE-TEC-TED*
- Familiar-Looking Hero: What is that thing? Gwen! Get Away!
- G-1000: TAR-GET LO-CA-TED. PRO-CEED-ING WITH AN-NI-HIL-A-TION*
- (player): (What was that thing? It didn't look like any golem I've ever seen!)
- Corporal Bane: (It's a new, more advanced type of golem the Charr have created. Instead of encaseing the crystal core in a solid steel chassis, they are using a crystallic-polymoc alloy.)
- (player): (What the heck does that mean?)
- Corporal Bane: (Liquid magic.)
- Prince Rurik: It just disappeared into the ground! Be on your guard, it may return.
- Familiar-Looking Hero: We shouldn't stay here, we're too exposed.
- Prince Rurik: I agree, let's head for Ashford. The monks there may be able to help us deal with the golem.
- (player): (I'd forgotten how beautiful Ascalon was before the Searing. O wish I could go back to those days.)
- Corporal Bane: (Its beauty is certainly unparalled, but sometimes you have to move on. You can't spend your life living in the past.)
Intermediate Dialogue 4[edit | edit source]
- Brother Menhlo: Ah, Prince Rurik, what brings you to the abbey today?
- Familiar-Looking Hero: We're in trouble Mhenlo, there's some kind of invincible golem chasing Gwen and...
- Prince Rurik: Wait this may be the golem in disguise; first, we need to prove that he's really Brother Mhenlo!
- Prince Rurik: I'll ask a question only the real Brother Mhenlo could answer. What do you love most in this world?
- Brother Mhenlo: Cynn.
- Prince Rurik: Hmm... Possibly too easy. What do you fear most in this world?
- Brother Mhenlo: Also Cynn.
- Prince Rurik: He's the real one alright. In that case, we need to find a way to kill an evil shape-shifting golem from the future, any ideas?
- Brother Mhenlo: Perhaps we could lure it into one of the lava pits in the dungeon below the abbey?
- Prince Rurik: You have a dungeon under the abbey... and it has lava pits?
- Brother Mhenlo: There are several layers of catacombs beneath the abbey, actually. It seems like a bad idea to build an abbey over a gaping cavern connected to the underworld, but I'm no architect.
- Prince Rurik: Very well. Let us travel as soon as the golem is ready.
Intermediate Dialogue 5[edit | edit source]
- Brother Mhenlo: Quickly, the lava pits are this way!
- Meerak the Scribe: You can't go down there, Mhenlo, that area has been closed off.
- Brother Mhenlo: Meerak? What are you doing down here? I thought you were traveling to Foibles Fair today.
- Prince Rurik: Stand aside, man, this is royal business.
- Familiar-Looking Hero: Wait, Prince Rurik, something isn't right here.
- G-1000: *YOU WILL ALL DIE HERE IN THESE CAT-A-COMBS*
Intermediate Dialogue 6[edit | edit source]
- Prince Rurik: It's re-forming! We must move now! We can fight it back if we need more time, but defeating it will only be a temporary solution!
- Brother Mhenlo: This way! To the lava pits!
Intermediate Dialogue 7[edit | edit source]
- (player): (Is this really going to work?)
- Corporal Bane: (If it burns, we can kill it.)
Intermediate Dialogue 8[edit | edit source]
- Gwen: Is it dead?
- Annihilator 2.0: *AN-NI-HIL-A-TED*
- Familiar-Looking Hero: Well, I just hope that repairs the timeline.
- Annihilator 2.0: *NO, THERE IS ONE MORE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE HERE*
- Gwen: Wait, you mean...?
- Annihilator 2.0: *IT HAS TO END HERE*
- Corporal Bane: (You have to command the golem into the lava pit. It can't self-annihilate.)
Reward Dialogue[edit | edit source]
You did it! The timeline is restored, and Gwen is safe! I sure hope that's the last of these Annihilator golems. All this time travel is giving me a headache.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I'll stick close to you. Running off would be suicide."
- "You know, I meant to send out a scouting party to see what the Charr have been up to lately, but I think it can wait one more day."
- "You are a pox upon Ascalon, and I'm going to stab you now! Hmm, that battle cry needs some work."
- "Don't you know who I am? I'm the CROWN PRINCE of Ascalon!"
- "Is everyone from the future as tall as you?"
- "You have to listen to the way people talk. You don't say 'affirmative,' you say 'okie dokie.'"
- "I hid my flute earlier, but I don't remember where I put it."
- "When I get married, I hope my husband isn't too wishy-washy."
- "One of these days, I'm gonna do something important, you'll see."
- "You know there are only five gods right now? I bet I'd make a good sixth god."
- "Ugh! I knew I shouldn't have taken these skills. I don't suppose we can go back to an outpost?"
- "I hope this doesn't ruin my survivor title."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Many aspects of this quest are references to the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- "Annihilator" is a synonym for "terminator."
- The repeated *CLASSIFIED INFORMATION*'s are almost certainly a reference to the time traveler Mikuru Asahina, from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. In that series, whenever she tries to say something she's not supposed to, she automatically says *CLASSIFIED INFORMATION* instead of whatever she meant to say, even midsentence.
- "Annihilator" is a synonym for "terminator."
- In Annihilator there was a Secret Dialogue which foreshadowed these events.
- When starting the quest, you will be shown the first ever cutscene of Guild Wars which is also seen when creating a new Prophecies Roleplaying Character. However, it's slightly modified by introducting the Golem.
- This quest allows you to earn Vanguard reputation and titles even if Eye of the North is not linked to your account.