GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Ascalon City (Pre-Searing)
Description[edit | edit source]
The largest city in the kingdom, Ascalon City is known for its beautiful architecture, numerous libraries, and bountiful shops. Because it is where many noble families make their home, it tends to receive the largest number of visitors and has become the cultural center of Ascalon.
Ascalon City is the starting point for new characters. After the opening cinematic, you will find yourself on the outskirts of the city. Because this is the starting city, it is often quite busy.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Exits[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Guild services:
- Merchants and Traders:
- Sanura (Merchant)
- Charr: (unreachable, but can be seen at the north end of town fighting Academy Monks and Ascalon Guards)
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Armin Saberlin: The Path to Glory (Primary Quest)
- Armin Saberlin: A Second Profession (Primary Quest)
- Baron Egan: Bandit Raid
- Baron Egan: The Poison Devourer
- Namar: Poor Tenant
- Prince Rurik: Charr at the Gate
- Prince Rurik: Charr in the Catacombs
- Sandre Elek: The Wayward Wizard
- Sir Tydus: War Preparations (Primary Quest)
- Town Crier: Message from a Friend (Primary Quest)
- Town Crier: Trouble in the Woods
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Many of the NPCs in this city start many pre-searing quests, especially the Academy training quests. It is also from Ascalon City that you can move your character to Ascalon City (Post-Searing). But be aware that once you move on, there is no returning to pre-Searing Ascalon.
- Ironically, pre-Searing Ascalon City is actually considered an outpost.
- King Adelbern (together with Ascalon Scribe) actually appears in two locations in the city at the same time. He can be seen with the Ascalon Scribe looking over the battle with the Charr and can also be seen on the staired peninsula on the northern side of the lake.
- It is possible to be killed by the Charr when watching their battle with the Ascalon Guards, but is a very rare happening.
- If you have a look at the large pond/reservoir off of Sir Tydus' right hand side, you may notice that it's somewhat familiar. Upon closer inspection, you will find that it is in fact the location of post-searing Ascalon City. Points of interest include:
- The stairway that leads into the water (the portal entrance sits atop these stairs in post-searing)
- The hill that sticks up out of the water in the back left corner (Tydus stands up there in post-searing)
- Looking beneath the water, you can see where all of the different NPCs will be in post-searing. The terrain changes slightly, but it's essentially the same.
- You can see characters that are idle watching the cutscene, all you have to do is stand behind Baron Egan's spot and look towards Adelbern and His Scribe. You will see people spawn there from time to time these people are all lvl 1 and have only their 1st Prof.