|Map|This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Description[edit | edit source]
Vulture Drifts is an area in the southwest of the Crystal Desert. It appears to be named after the vicious winds that seem to have eaten at the rocks and mountains in the area. The area includes three pairs of two-way teleporters. You must use one of these teleporters to the portal to Dunes of Despair.
Exits[edit | edit source]
Towns and Outposts[edit | edit source]
Explorable areas[edit | edit source]
Points of Interest[edit | edit source]
- Main Section: fills almost the entire area; includes portals to all the exits, the teleporter to the Dunes of Despair section, and the remaining pairs of internal teleporters.
- Dunes of Despair section: just big enough to include the portal to Dunes of Despair and teleporter back to the main section.
Bestiary[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- 21 (26) Desert Griffons: East and center.
- Enchanted: Around the Dunes of Despair outpost and north of it.
- 22 (26) Hydra: Patrolling near the center and east.
- 20 (26) Jade Scarab
- 20 (26) Minotaurs: Northern area.
- 20 (26) Rock-Eater Scarab
- 20 (26) Sand Elementals: West, North and South.
- 22 (26) Sand Giants: Northwest at the mounds and southwest near the entrance to The Arid Sea.
- 22 (26) Sand Wurms
- 21 (26) Sand Drake
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- Note: None of these bosses have elite skills
- 24 (30) Pell Glitterglatter
- 24 (30) Tang Stonecut
- 26 (30) Chak Hack Schawack
- 24 (30) Zwack Ramble
- 25 (30) Perchingbyrd
- 26 (30) Rept Parn Freg
- 26 (30) Jewk Swem Pleg
- 24 (30) Krunk Waddle
- 25 (30) Divingbeak
- 26 (30) Graf Wask Derg
- 26 (30) Brol Migo Hinga
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Vanquishers must defeat 212-259 monsters in this area.
- The Hydra bosses that begin patrolling in the northwest end up remaining near the eastern area teleport, not far from the Arid Sea portal.
- The portal into the Dunes of Despair outpost is fairly open, instead of being surrounded by walls or fences like most portals. Be careful not to activate it while fighting the nearby enemies.